Some people tend to store excess fat under their chin (submental area), resulting in the appearance of a ‘double chin.’ According to research studies, about three-quarters of the American population reported feeling self-conscious about the presence of their ‘double chin’.
Although being overweight can increase the risk of excess fat depositing under your chin, it’s still possible to have one even if you’re within range of your ideal weight. Other risk factors include:
- Skin laxity
- High-calorie diets
- Weak muscles around your neck and chin due to chronic poor posture
So, if you’re unhappy about having stubborn fat under the chin, we have a solution for you: Kybella injections.
What Is Kybella?
Kybella is an injectable fat reduction treatment that destroys fat cells that are often resistant to diet and exercise.
Kybella injections are made of a synthetic form of naturally occurring deoxycholic acid – an acid present in your intestines that helps in breaking down fats in your diet.
How Can Kybella Injections Help Me Lose Excessive Fat In My Submental Area?
Kybella injections work by emulsifying (digesting or breaking down) fat cells permanently. Once completely destroyed, fat cells are eliminated from your body gradually over a period of 8 to 12 weeks.
Typically, it takes 2 to 3 treatment sessions to achieve an optimal fat reduction in the submental area, but that number can go up to 6 sessions depending on the volume of excess fat.
What Makes Kybella The Best Treatment For Reducing Fat Under The Chin?
Here are some of the factors that set Kybella apart from other treatment options:
- Kybella injections are the only FDA-approved treatment to reduce excess fat present in the submental area.
- The treatment is minimally invasive and requires no downtime. You can go back to your daily routine soon after the procedure.
- The treatment sessions are fairly quick and can be completed in under 30 minutes.
- The results of Kybella injections kick in within 4 to 6 weeks as your body continues to eliminate destroyed fat cells. However, the results are permanent as long as you maintain a stable weight and a healthy diet.
- Unlike surgical procedures, Kybella injections are non-invasive and come with far fewer risks.
- Anyone can get Kybella injections as long as they’re over 18 years of age.
- Unlike surgical procedures, Kybella doesn’t involve removing fat cells at once and rather takes its time to gradually eliminate the destroyed fat cells, reducing the risk of loose, sagging skin.
To conclude, excess fat pockets under the chin can make you look heavier than you actually are as well as affect your self-esteem and self-confidence. So, if you’re looking for a non-surgical yet FDA-approved and safe treatment option to get rid of your stubborn ‘double chin’, Kybella injections are just the right option for you.
However, you should only opt for a well-trained injector that knows the right technique to perform the procedure. At Robert Andrews, Colorado Springs, CO, our expert injectors are all well-trained and highly skilled for the job, so rest assured that you’ll be in capable hands.
Book a consultation now and get one step closer to achieving a slimmer and more contoured chin.